I very much regret to say I have received an email from Bedlam Management in the last few minutes. Here it is in full:
I hope this email finds you well.
I'm afraid I have a bit of disappointing news. Unfortunately Hayley's NZ tour planned in May has been postponed now until later on in the year. This is due to a change in promoter. We are now looking to reschedule the tour in August or September and as soon as I have the rescheduled dates through, I'll forward them on to you so that you can inform HWI and the forums.
Take Care and Speak soon, Nicola
The individual threads for each event are now locked but this one remains open.
A change in promoter? Why would that occur and why would that result in the dates changing suddenly? Poor Hayley and her fans don't appear to be having much luck with tour dates! My sympathies go out to those who have already booked flights etc. I'd imagine Hayley must be very upset to have yet another postponement of concerts on her hands!
Peter, August/September would be winter in New Zealand as it's the same as Australia.
Thanks for that Jillian. That is what I thought. Puts me out of the running for this year. It wasn't actually that convenient in the first place but as you say, I do feel very sorry for anyone who has made a commitment. Hopefully it is early enough to be able to pull out without too much hassle if only on grounds of having ticket on hold but with seats difficult to fill I can imagine airlines being reluctant to recompense if their terms allow them the excuse. It is an 'exceptional' reason but not like a death in the family and it depends on individual's travel insurance.
I was intending to look at the Dublin option but although carrying extra overheads I was putting my arrangements through a travel consultant simply to save me hassle. Now, with more time, maybe I'll handle things myself but I certainly don't want the expense for winter. It is NZ I'm coming to see. It was just a neat option to have two Hayley concerts, especially in her home town, that was the key but i was already taking on board second thoughts regarding how cold it might be. That was why i was doing Chichester and north South Island early and then moving north to Auckland.
Maybe I'll do the trip regardless of Hayley's plans and via a tramp steamer as my early NZ thoughts had indicated in my younger days but then the job would not have allowed such an absence.
Anyhow, I am wittering on to no one's benefit.
Cheers all, looks like I'll see you at the Brits after all. Maybe Hayley too?
Her eyes were the blue of cornflowers that dance amongst ripening wheat, Her hair the colour of golden sands bleached by summer's heat.
It is important that news of the postponement be relayed as far and as quickly as possible so thank you for your help.
In response to several comments about the change of promoter, we don't know the reason. I don't believe that any promoter would ever be changed midway through planning a tour unless it was absolutely unavoidable.
I offer this merely as an explanation as to why it can happen. A promoter can be an individual person in which case, he could have died, or it could be a company who might have gone into liquidation. But I emphasize that I don't know either of those to be the true reason in this case.
Firstly, I am so sorry for all those who had started to look forward to and get excited about these concerts - particularly as they would have been not far off now As you say Roger, this sort of thing does happen and who knows why - it is no doubt well outside Hayley & Bedlam's control. Its just such a shame, from Hayley's point of view that this comes not long after the ROD problems. Lets just hope that new dates are soon announced.
Wouldn't it be fantastic for all of us American fans if Hayley substituted the United States for her cancelled New Zealand tour. For you Brits and Irish it would be a lot shorter flight. Also I could make the full New Zealand tour in the fall. The best of both worlds. Oh well, I can dream can't I?
yes, I too feel very sorry for those who have made commitments. Seeing NZ is an ambition of mine, and to see Hayley whilst I was there would be the icing on the cake. But there is now the issue of what Hayley will do and where she will be during late April and May. Could this give her the time to record a new international album. And if that frees Jonathan too, how about a duets album? Knowing Hayley she will not be idle, she will find something good to do with that time. I think there is too little time now to oraganise a US tour in that slot, wonderful for her US fans as that would be.