Post by Dean McCarten on Aug 28, 2008 21:56:35 GMT
I use Aperture, I have found it's export to be very good (i.e a 3.6 MB file (2848x4272) from my SD Card to 204 KB Standard Export, which I can adjust the settings to lower the file size) as I deal with all my photos on my MacBook Pro
I do understand the Aperture is somewhat expensive for most users (around the £120 mark), but I have found it to be very good and does 90% of the post-processing I have yet needed to do on my photos and the other 10% of the time I used Photoshop CS3.
The only other options for mac user is GIMP for mac or any bundled software that supports macs that came with your camera.
However for another windows freeware tool you want to review is paint.net, However I think the better software has already been covered for windows by other members
Anyway thats my input as I do use both mac and windows machines.
I do my photo manipulation on my RISC OS machine, where I have an app called FSIBatch. This will take a whole batch of images and apply the same manipulation to them all, such as reduction to a specified size (in pixels) and a specified percentage for JPEG compression. I have to guess what will get the files below 100K I can then check the file sizes and redo any that are still to large. But I'm probably the only person here who uses RISC OS! But I also have a Windows laptop.
so i hope this is in the right place...but how exactly do you put pictures in the area that shows your info? and as well as banners...how do you put them on here? i'm new so if there is a better place to get answers please point me there...thanks
As far as I know, the images must be uploaded somewhere else on the internet so you can use them here. That said, both the avatar and the signature can be set from the profile settings. Go to "Profile" in the main navigation buttons up here, then go to "Modify Profile" and you can choose many settings there.
For the avatar. find the pic you want to use on the internet, copy and paste the url on the "Avatar URL" You will also have to calculate the size you have to enter so it isn't bigger than 100 x 100 pixels but keeps the original proportions.
And, as for banners and other images shown in the signature, I am not sure, but I think the image's URL between img tags will do, exactly the same as posting images in a normal post.